Fieldend - The Site
The 1863 Ordnance survey map shows the Fieldend site as an area of open fields. The 1894 map shows Waldegrave Park and Teddington Park Rd as new roads with the Fieldend site as Nursery Gardens with 3 rows of large greenhouses. By 1915 the map shows Arlington rd and the Nursery Gardens with more glasshouses on the site. However by 1934 the glasshouses have gone leaving only two unidentified buildings. A bomb dropped on the site in November 1940. The land was worked for gravel but by the 1950s the site was derelict except for a part that was used for allotments.